Apex Law: Get the Compensation You Deserve with Help from Our Car Accident Attorneys in Tampa
Book A Free Consultation
"*" indicates required fields
Auto accidents are common in Tampa. Car accidents can result in serious injuries and even death, and they can cause immense stress and financial burdens for the victims and their families.
One of the biggest issues facing victims of auto accidents is getting fair and adequate compensation for their injuries and damages. Insurance companies often worry more about protecting their bottom line than providing fair compensation to accident victims. This can make getting the compensation you deserve long and difficult.
That’s where the Apex Law comes in. One of the most trusted car accident law firms in Tampa, our legal team is dedicated to helping car accident victims get the compensation they deserve. With years of experience handling auto accident cases, our Tampa car accident lawyers know how to navigate the complex legal process and fight for your rights. We are committed to helping you get the best possible outcome, whether that’s through settlement or trial.
If you suffered injuries or lost a close family member in a Tampa car accident someone else caused, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Apex. We can discuss your case and explain your options during our free consultation. With help from one of our Tampa car accident lawyers, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while we handle the legal side. Contact us today at (813) 444-5212 to get started.
Why Choose Apex Law for Your Tampa Car Accident Claim
At Apex Law, every client receives personalized attention and a customized approach to their case. Our attorneys will work with you to fully understand the facts and circumstances surrounding your car accident and will develop a strategic plan to maximize your compensation.
Whether your case requires negotiations, mediation, arbitration, or litigation, a Tampa car accident lawyer from our firm can take decisive action to achieve the best possible outcome.
Our Track Record of Success
At Apex Law, we have received numerous accolades and recognitions for our work. Our attorneys have successfully secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We are proud of our record of success in car accident cases. These results testify to our commitment to excellence, passion for justice, and ability to achieve outstanding results in even the most complex cases.
Everyone receives quality legal representation at Apex Law, regardless of their financial situation. That’s why we offer a free consultation to all prospective clients and take car accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you will not owe us anything unless we secure compensation for you.
Auto Accident Stats in Tampa
In one recent year, the greater Tampa Bay area saw 62,995 car accidents. This is a slight increase from the previous year, despite the pandemic’s impact.
Around 16 percent of Florida car accidents happen in the Tampa Bay area.
These staggering numbers demonstrate the importance of having a reputable and experienced auto accident law firm in the Tampa area to help those injured in a crash get the compensation they deserve.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
In a car accident in Tampa, suffering injuries can feel overwhelming and stressful, and you may not know what steps to take next.
To ensure the best outcome for your case, you should:
- Check for injuries and seek medical attention: Make your health your top priority after a car accident. Ensure the accident did not injure you or any passengers in your vehicle, and call for medical assistance if necessary. If the crash injured you, seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries seem minor. Some injuries may not show symptoms immediately, and others may require imaging tests and other methods to diagnose. Always seek prompt medical attention, as you will need documentation of your injuries to file a claim.
- Call the police: By law, you must report accidents involving injury or death to law enforcement. Also, your Tampa car accident lawyer can use the police or accident report as evidence to prove the other driver’s liability.
- Collect information: Get the contact and insurance information from the other driver(s) involved in the accident. Also, take note of the make, model, and license plate number of the other vehicle(s) and photograph the damage caused to the vehicles and the accident scene if possible.
- Notify your insurance company: Since Florida is a no-fault state, you must report the accident to your insurance company and follow their recommendations on filing a claim.
- Do not make statements: Be cautious about what you say about the accident, including to your personal injury protection (PIP) carrier. Insurance companies will use any statements you make against you. Remain calm and never admit any fault for the accident.
- Gather evidence: Document the accident scene with photos, eyewitness information, and insurance details of the other driver.
- Keep records: Keep track of any expenses you incur because of the car accident, such as medical bills and lost income, as you may recover these costs through your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Consult an attorney: An experienced Tampa car accident attorney can help you navigate the legal process, communicate with insurance companies, and protect your rights.
At Apex Law, our experienced Tampa car accident attorneys are here to help you navigate the complex process of seeking compensation for your injuries and losses. We have a proven track record of success and will work tirelessly to achieve the best outcome for your case. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Do I need a lawyer for my car accident injury?
If you suffered injuries in a Tampa car accident, you need an attorney to explain your rights and guide you through the legal process. A good attorney can prove liability, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best possible outcome.
Some aspects to consider when choosing a car accident attorney include:
- Experience. Look for an attorney with significant experience handling car accident cases. An attorney who has handled similar cases will understand the nuances of your case and achieve a more favorable outcome.
- Track record. Research the attorney’s track record. Look for an attorney with a history of winning cases and securing fair settlements for their clients.
- Emphasis. Some attorneys emphasize specific areas of law, such as catastrophic injury or wrongful death. If your case involves severe injuries or wrongful death, look for an attorney with experience in these areas.
- Availability. Consider the attorney’s availability and willingness to communicate with you. A good car accident lawyer will respond to you and inform you about the status of your case.
- Comfort. You must feel comfortable with your attorney, as you will share sensitive information and work closely together.
- Fees. Discuss the attorney’s fees and retainer agreement before hiring. Ensure you understand and feel comfortable with the attorney’s billing structure.
- Reputation. Look for an attorney with a good reputation in the legal community and with their clients. Look for online reviews, testimonials, and ratings from past clients.
When choosing a car accident lawyer, you need to feel confident in their ability to represent you and achieve a fair outcome for your case.
As one of Tampa’s leading personal injury law firms, we have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the legal system and get the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries, lost income, and other damages.
Don’t let the insurance company take advantage of you. Our team of experienced auto accident attorneys is dedicated to protecting injured individuals in the Tampa area, helping them navigate the legal process, and fighting for the compensation they deserve.
Contact Apex Law today for your free initial consultation with one of our experienced auto accident attorneys and find out how we can help you.
What Is the Car Accident Injury Process at Apex Law?
When you choose Apex Law to handle your Tampa car accident injury claim, we generally follow this process:
During the initial consultation, we listen to the client’s account of the accident and evaluate their potential case. We will also gather information about the accident and any medical treatment received.
Our experienced car accident attorneys will assess the client’s case, including reviewing the police report, medical records, and other relevant information.
We will investigate the accident, gather evidence, and interview witnesses if necessary.
After gathering evidence, we will draft a demand letter to the insurance company outlining your case and the compensation you seek. The insurance company will then respond and make an initial settlement offer.
We will negotiate with the insurance company to reach a satisfactory agreement for our client.
If we cannot settle, we can take the case to court and fight for our client’s rights.
We aim to resolve the client’s case as quickly and efficiently as possible while securing the compensation they deserve for their injuries and damages. After the settlement or judgment, our attorneys will collect your compensation for you and explain any necessary additional legal steps.
We have extensive experience handling car accident cases and achieving the best possible outcome for our clients. Our lawyers understand that the auto accident lawsuit process can overwhelm you, but we are here to guide you every step of the way.
What Types of Tampa Car Accident Cases Does Apex Law Handle?
At Apex Law, our experienced car accident lawyers handle a wide range of car accident cases, including but not limited to:
Rear-end collisions occur when one vehicle crashes into the back of another vehicle. This accident often happens when one car follows another too closely or suddenly stops.
T-bone accidents, also known as side-impact collisions, occur when the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another.
Head-on collisions occur when the front of one vehicle collides with the front of another. These accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
Hit and Run Accidents
Hit and run accidents occur when a driver flees an accident scene.
Drunk Driving Accidents
Drunk driving accidents occur when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Rollover accidents occur when a vehicle rolls over on its side or roof.
Distracted Driving Accidents
Distracted driving accidents occur when drivers are distracted by their phones, food, or other distractions while operating a vehicle.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Accidents
Uninsured or underinsured motorist accidents occur when the at-fault driver in an accident does not have enough insurance coverage to cover the damages of another.
As Florida is a no-fault insurance state for car accidents, drivers must carry no-fault insurance, also known as personal injury protection or PIP insurance. PIP insurance covers medical bills and lost wages no matter who was at fault for causing the crash.
Our team of experienced Tampa car accident lawyers at Apex Law can fight for your rights and help you recover the compensation you deserve for any injuries you sustain after any of these accidents.
What Are Common Injuries People Suffer in Tampa Car Accidents?
Common injuries suffered in car accidents in Tampa are similar to those seen in car accidents throughout the United States. These injuries can range from minor to severe, and their severity often depends on factors such as the speed of the vehicles involved, the use of seatbelts, and the types of vehicles. Common injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury caused by the sudden back-and-forth movement of the head, commonly seen in rear-end collisions.
- Cuts and lacerations: Broken glass and sharp objects in the vehicle can cause cuts and lacerations.
- Fractures and broken bones: Car accidents can result in broken bones, especially in the arms, legs, and ribs.
- Head injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) or concussions can occur due to the head striking the dashboard, steering wheel, or other objects within the vehicle.
- Spinal cord injuries: In severe accidents, damage to the spinal cord can lead to paralysis or other long-term health issues.
- Soft tissue injuries: These injuries include damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments and can lead to long-term pain and mobility issues.
- Internal injuries: Blunt force trauma can lead to internal injuries, such as organ damage or internal bleeding.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Car accidents can be traumatic events, and some individuals may suffer from psychological injuries like PTSD.
- Burns: In cases where a car catches fire or there’s an explosion, burn injuries can occur.
It’s important to note that seatbelt use and other safety features in modern vehicles can significantly reduce the severity of these injuries. Additionally, the speed and type of collision can also impact the injuries sustained. After a car accident in Tampa, or anywhere else, it’s crucial to seek medical attention to assess and address any injuries, even if they initially seem minor, as some injuries may not become apparent until later. If the accident was the result of someone else’s negligence, it may be necessary to consult with an attorney to understand your legal rights and potential for compensation.
How Do I Know If I Have a Valid Tampa Car Accident Claim?
If someone caused a car accident in Tampa that injured you or killed a close family member, you may qualify to pursue compensation.
To have a valid claim, you must show:
- The other party owed you a duty of care. All drivers have an inherent duty of care to act responsibly and not cause harm to others on the road.
- The other party breached their duty of care by violating traffic laws, driving above the posted speed limit, driving aggressively, or driving while impaired.
- That breach of duty was the proximate cause of the car accident.
- You sustained injuries and compensable damages as a result.
After sustaining an injury caused by another party’s negligence or wrongful actions, you may have a car accident case in Tampa. Contact our firm for a free consultation, and our experienced attorneys will evaluate your situation to determine your case’s viability.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
The value of a personal injury case can vary depending on the severity of the injuries sustained, the amount of medical expenses incurred, lost income, and the impact the accident had on the victim’s quality of life.
To determine the value of a case, you need a car accident lawyer to consider all of your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages may include:
- Medical expenses, including future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Other related out-of-pocket expenses
Non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
In certain rare cases, the court may award punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer and send a message to deter others from engaging in that sort of behavior. Courts usually only award punitive damages in cases of extreme negligence, unlawfulness, or wanton recklessness.
Settlement negotiations or court decisions ultimately determine the value of a car accident case. An experienced personal injury attorney from Apex Law can navigate the legal process, gather the necessary evidence to support your claim, and negotiate with insurance companies to obtain a fair settlement.
If the insurance company won’t negotiate a fair settlement, we can file a car accident lawsuit on your behalf and take your case to court.
Apex Law’s Tampa car accident attorneys have extensive experience handling personal injury cases. We can calculate the value of your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for your free consultation.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in court. If you fail to file your suit within this time frame, the court may dismiss your case and bar you from seeking compensation for your injuries.
The statute of limitations can vary depending on the circumstances of the case and the type of claim. For example, if a government entity caused your crash, the law may give you less time to file a claim.
If someone else caused a car accident in Tampa that injured you or a loved one, seek the guidance of an experienced attorney as quickly as possible. At Apex Law, our attorneys can navigate the legal process and file your claim within any prescribed deadlines.
Contact an Experienced Tampa Car Accident Attorney Today
You don’t have to face the traumatic and confusing aftermath of a Tampa car accident alone. The experienced Tampa personal injury attorneys at Apex Law understand the impact an accident can have on your life, and we are here to help you get back on track.
Our team of experienced lawyers is dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at (813) 444-5212 for your free consultation.
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury attorney?
We understand the financial strain that a personal injury can cause. That's why we offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis. We don't charge any upfront fees, and we only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you. We base our fees on a percentage of the settlement or verdict obtained, so you don't have to worry about paying out of pocket. We will discuss all details of our fees when we meet with you and before you sign a contract so you’ll know what to expect.
How long will it take to resolve my personal injury case?
The timeline for resolving a personal injury case can vary depending on the case's complexity and the opposing party's willingness to negotiate a fair settlement. We strive to resolve cases as efficiently as possible while protecting your rights. During your initial consultation, we can provide you with a better understanding of the potential timeline for your specific case.
What if the insurance company offers me a settlement?
Insurance companies often try to settle claims quickly and for as little as possible. Their primary goal is to protect their own interests and minimize their financial liability. Before accepting any settlement offer, consult an experienced personal injury attorney who can assess the offer's fairness and advise you on the best course of action.
Will I have to go to court?
While most personal injury cases resolve through settlements, your case may go to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement. Rest assured that our skilled litigators are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary. We will provide strong courtroom representation to fight for your rights and pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
How can I get started with your firm?
Getting started is simple. Contact us today for your free consultation. During this meeting, we will discuss your case, assess its strength, and explain the legal process. If you decide to move forward, we will handle all the necessary paperwork and guide you every step of the way, providing the skilled and compassionate legal representation you need.